The European Conservative is looking for Journalists/News Writers (part-time and full-time) to join our growing global media efforts.
In this role, you will be part of our “News Unit” and report to the Managing Editor and the Editor-in-Chief, working closely at times with the Online Editor. You will be responsible for producing either (a) brief news summaries for our website or instead (b) regular and feature news stories for our website—or (c) both, as interests and talents dictate.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Draft multiple brief news stories every day focused mainly on Europe but including global and international topics.
- These news items are to be based on third-party news reports, press releases, and other online news sources.
- Prepare brief analyses on daily topics drawing from third-party memoranda and reports, and incorporating commentary from outside experts and pundits.
- Alternatively, more research-driven investigative reporting and enterprise journalism would be possible, involving online research, phone calls and interviews, and computer-assisted research. Depending on performance and suitability, this could become your primary task.
- Upload and publish all news stories directly into our website’s CMS.
- Finding appropriate photos to illustrate your news stories and drafting suitable captions.
- Post story links on social media platforms.
- Work closely in collaboration with other members of the “News Unit.”
Desired abilities, knowledge, and skills:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with MS Office and Google Drive.
- WordPress experience desired but not necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, project management, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, and to function effectively independently.
- Creative, flexible, resourceful, with an eye for detail and a “nose for news.”
- Excellent written communications.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; other major European languages useful.
Hours and remuneration:
- Part-time role: 5-20 hours per week.
- Full-time role: 35-40 hours per week.
- Remuneration based on skills and experience.
- Remote work possible.
- No benefits.
If interested, please send a Cover Letter, your Curriculum Vitae, and three recent writing samples, all as PDFs or Word documents, to:
office (at) europeanconservative (dot) com
A remote interview with shortlisted candidates would then follow.