Eurostar said it plans to run a full service on Wednesday, December 31st, but warned of possible knock-on disruptions after a power supply issue halted Channel Tunnel train trips connecting London to the European mainland.
Travellers making journeys in the busy run-up to New Year had been left scrambling to find alternatives after the operator postponed all services between London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Brussels.
“Services have resumed today following a power issue in the Channel Tunnel yesterday and some further issues with rail infrastructure overnight,” Eurostar said in a statement posted on its website.
“We plan to run all of our services today, however due to knock-on impacts there may still be some delays and possible last-minute cancellations.”
The service had earlier warned passengers to postpone their journeys to a different date and warned them of severe delays as well as last-minute cancellations.
As well as the power problem, there was also a failed LeShuttle train in the Channel Tunnel, the 31-mile (50-kilometre) undersea rail link between Folkestone, in southeast England, and Coquelles, in northern France.
Crowds of stranded travellers, many with suitcases, swelled at London’s St Pancras International station and at the Gare du Nord in Paris as they were notified that their end-of-year holiday plans were being thrown into doubt.


